Gas Grills: The Best Of 2019
The Weber 45010001 Spirit II E-310 3-Burner Liquid Propane Grill is an excellent choice if you are looking for even grilling. The no-mess design is easy to clean and provides great grilling temperatures for any type of food. However, if you like the char-broiled taste, you won’t get it with this grill. You do get excellent cooking for just about any meat and vegetable you choose to grill.
However, the entire grilling system is designed to be easy to use. You will love the way the smoke infuses the food that you grill. The burners are wide and prevent food from slipping through the grates. You will find that your entire outdoor cooking experience will be improved with this grill.
Overall, you want a sturdy grill that will work for years to come. Weber has designed the Weber 45010001 Spirit II E-310 3-Burner Liquid Propane Grill to be excellent for everyone from novice grillers to more experience culinary experts. The burners light almost immediately and allow you to focus more time on cooking and less on maintenance and control.
- Comes with improved infinity ignition that lights right away
- The cooking grates are cast iron and are porcelain-enameled
- Has an open cart design that includes a side folding table and tool hangers
- Cooking Surface Size: 529 Square Inches
- Dimensions: 52 x 26 x 57 inches
- Manufacturer: Weber
- Warranty: 10 years
- Has a great grease management system
- Even grilling across the entire cooking surface
- Grill plates are reversible and easy to clean
- If you like a char-broiled taste, you won't get it with this grill
- Assembly of this grill is difficult and time consuming
When you are looking for a great gas grill, the Broil King 958347 Regal S590 Pro Gas Grill, 5-Burner, Stainless Steel is an excellent choice. It is North American made with sturdy stainless steel throughout, including the grill grates. The heat dispersion is excellent and provides even cooking. Some additional features include a rotisserie option that will benefit those who are more adventurous in their outdoor cooking.
Some of the more notable features include the tank compartment that slides out easily when you need to change the tank. The side burner allows you to complete your cooking entirely outdoors. One thing you might appreciate in a grill is that you have total control of your cooking temperatures. The blue LEDs that backlight the burner controls is an added aesthetic appeal that you may like when cooking late in the evenings.
Overall, when it comes to purchasing one of the best gas grills, you will love the Broil King 958347 Regal S590 Pro Gas Grill, 5-Burner, Stainless Steel. The manufacturer stands behind their product by providing a lifetime warranty on the cook box and a 10-year warranty on the burners and grills. You will love everything about this grill from the even and easy cooking to the sturdy structure that is easy to clean.
- Stainless steel with dual-tube burners
- Cooking grids are durable with 9mm of stainelss steel for great heat retention
- Control knobs are backlit with blue LEDs for perfect night grilling
- Cooking Surface Size: 875 Square Inches
- Dimensions: 62.5 x 24.8 x 49.2 inches
- Manufacturer: Broil King
- Warranty: 10 years
- Heats quickly and provides plenty of power
- Very sturdy grill, including the grates
- Easy to maintain and clean
- Sometimes the burners don't ignite and needs manual ignition
- You may experience flare ups
The Royal Gourmet GG2102 2-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill, BBQ Outdoor Cooking is definitely a great little grill if you aren’t hosting large backyard parties. And with an option of a red exterior finish, it'll add a fun accent to your patio. The grill provides you with over 400 square inches of primary space for cooking, and it distributes the heat really well compared to other models in the same class. The temperature gauge is on the hood and clearly displays the internal temperature and adds to the aesthetic appeal.
The cabinet doors underneath hide the propane tank and contribute to the sleek look of this grill. Additionally, it comes with a stainless steel finish that makes it look higher class than it is. This grill does great in both low and slow cooking, though the high heat is very high.
Overall, you will love the Royal Gourmet GG2102 2-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill, BBQ Outdoor Cooking. It is ideal for two to three people and cooks the food you love deliciously. The only real drawback is that the high heat tends to be very high, so keep an eye on anything you are cooking at that temperature — otherwise, it's an excellent little grill.
- There are two in-line burner tubes that are build of durable stainless steel
- Start up is quick and easy with an electric push button ignition
- All the parts and components are designed with easy cleaning in mind
- Cooking Surface Size: 405 square inches
- Dimensions: 43.3 x 22.4 x 44.5 in
- Manufacturer: Royal Gourmet
- Warranty: 1 year
- Heats up quickly and distributes heat evenly
- Quick and easy to assemble
- Durable and sturdy
- The tank door doesn't fit as well as it should
- Not made for more than two to three people's worth of food
One of the best gas grills is the Char-Broil 463377319 Performance Stainless Steel 4-Burner Cart Style Gas Grill. From the durable stainless steel design to the easy-to-maintain grates, you will love this grill inside and out. The ignition is effortless and allows for more time to focus on cooking. The swing-away warming rack is ideal for keeping food warm or toasting buns. The side burner is also ideal for cooking sides, allowing you to cook almost entirely outdoors.
The cart style design is made for easy mobility, and the removable grates make for easy cleanup. The stainless steel burners, along with the heat tents, allow for complete control of the heat used to cook for whatever temperature suits you best.
Overall, if you love grilling outside and avoiding your kitchen on hot summer days, you will love this gas grill. From the easy-to-use features to the simple and low maintenance cleanup; afterward, the Char-Broil 463377319 Performance Stainless Steel 4-Burner Cart Style Gas Grill is the ideal outdoor cooking station. It is durable and long-lasting, providing you with the optimal grill for years to come.
- Stainless steel cart style design for convenience
- Burners that are also stainless steel and allow for flames from the top for even cooking
- Grates are porcelain coated and cast iron for easy cleaning and durability
- Cooking Surface Size: 425 square inches
- Dimensions: 50.4 x 24.5 x 45 inches
- Manufacturer: Char-Broil
- Warranty: 5 years (burners), 2 years (firebox/lid), 1 year (other parts)
- Easy to clean and maintain, including the grease tray
- The high and low flames are excellent for even cooking
- The side burner allows you to cook additional foods while grilling
- Setup can be difficult and time consuming
- The ashtray is not easily accessed
If you are looking for a grill that provides you excellent smoky flavors, you will love the Weber 61011001 Genesis II E-310 3-Burner Liquid Propane Grill. The design is simple and allows for easy cooking and cleaning. The warming tray is great for toasting buns and keeping foods warm as you cook. One of the best features of this grill is the infinity ignite system that ensures that you will always be able to light your grill the first time, every time.
Whether you are novice griller or an experienced one, this grill is a great one for cooking your favorite summertime meals. You will love how well the grates hold heat and allow for even cooking throughout. The open cart design is nice and allow for easy access to tools, but can be a headache if you have pets because that means the drip tray is also just as easy to access.
Overall, the Weber 61011001 Genesis II E-310 3-Burner Liquid Propane Grill is an ideal grill for summer cookouts. You will enjoy the convenience of using this gas grill from setup to cleanup. The heat is excellent, and you can keep track of your gas levels when you get the LP version ensuring that you never run out of gas mid-meal. It's a nice and sturdy grill made with convenience in mind.
- Comes with a powerful grilling system that is Gs4 and high performance
- Cooking grates are cast iron coated in porcelain and have excellent heat retention
- Built in gas gauge allows you to see how much gas is left in your tank
- Cooking Surface Size: 513 square inches
- Dimensions: 59 x 29 x 47 in
- Manufacturer: Weber
- Warranty: 10 years
- This grill is very easy to clean
- The grates hold heat very well, allowing for even cooking
- Food gets a delicious smoky flavor
- The open cabinet also displays an open drip tray which can be hazardous
- Assembly isn't that simple
The overall look of the Char-Broil Performance 300 2-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill might confuse you, as it doesn’t look like much. However, that makes it more visually appealing as it hides the propane tank and provides durability. The stainless steel hood of this grill adds some class to the looks. One great thing is the electronic ignition is right between the two burners allowing for even ignition and optimal heat control.
The grates are of excellent quality, and the two burners still allow you to create temperature zones even though it might not be as good as if you were using a three-burner model. However, one great feature is the slide-out drip pan that makes it super easy to clean.
Overall, the design of the is very nice as it gives you two generous side tables that fold down for convenience. The grates are durable, the lid is stylish, and cooking is made easy. If you aren’t looking for a large grill for neighborhood cookouts, the Char-Broil Performance 300 2-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill may be the one for you.
- Convenient design with fold down side trays and bottom cabinet for tank storage
- Temperature gauge on the lid for optimal heat control
- Ignition is electronic allowing for fast startups every time
- Cooking Surface Size: 400 square inches
- Dimensions: 24.5 x 42.9 x 44 in
- Manufacturer: Char-Broil
- Warranty: 5 years
- The side shelves are excellent for holding tools and plates
- The tank storage is enclosed, giving a neat and clean appearance
- You can easily reposition with the four casters
- The cooking area is small and not ideal for large gatherings
- The tents over the burners are small and don't prevent flareups
For large cookout and multiple dishes, the Monument Grills 4 Burner Propane Wheeled Gas Grill with USB LED Light is ideal. You are going to love that there are four main burners with an additional side burner that provides you plenty of cooking space and cooking options. There is even the option to purchase a separate rotisserie tool that can be placed in this grill for even more versatility.
One great thing about this grill is that the main cooking surface is large and can hold plenty of food. You will get a great smoky taste to flavor your favorite dishes. The temperature control is easy to manage as you can char-broil on one side and lightly sear on the other.
The grill is excellent for providing you a durable and optimal outdoor cooking station. You will love how easy it is to clean and maintain this grill. The only real drawback is the fact that the stainless steel is quite thin, but nonetheless, it is still fairly durable. Overall, you will love the Monument Grills 4 Burner Propane Wheeled Gas Grill with USB LED Light.
- There are four main burners and one side burner for optimal cooking space
- The stainless steel grates are durable and provide excellent grill marks
- Comes with a pilotless ignition
- Has an embedded temperature gauge
- Cooking Surface Size: 513 square inches
- Dimensions: 32 x 25.5 x 25 inches
- Manufacturer: Monument Grills
- Warranty: 8 years
- Has an large grilling area
- Lots of useful features, like a side burner, pilotless ignition, and warming rack
- You can cook many different ways given there are five total burners
- The stainless steel grates are quite thin
- If you use both side burners, there won't be any other external work space
The Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D Smart Space Living 36,000 BTU 3-Burner LP Gas Grill is an excellent little grill for those who aren’t looking for a chef's masterpiece. This grill does the job, and it does it well. The grates are sturdy and easy to clean. The inside is also easy to clean and maintain. However, if you don’t take proper care of this grill every time you use it, you may end up with some rust. The one main drawback is that the tents aren’t covered by the warranty since they are exposed to fire. That seems strange, given that it is a grill.
Yet, if you are looking for a decent outdoor grill to make burgers, hotdogs, and the occasional steak, you get all that and more with this grill. The ignition is easy with a simple push-button electric start. One of the other drawbacks is that the heat doesn’t distribute perfectly, but then again, that’s not a huge issue.
Overall, if you want a decent grill that will allow you to grill outside and enjoy a summer meal, you can do so with the Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D Smart Space Living 36,000 BTU 3-Burner LP Gas Grill. It is sturdy, runs great, and does the job you need it too. There are also a couple of bells and whistles included with it that are nice to have.
- The starter is a push button electric ignition for ease of lighting
- There are control valve options that are infinite and provide grilling flexibility
- The grill is designed with double walled stainless steel for optimum durability
- Cooking Surface Size: 507 square inches
- Dimensions: 22.82 x 49.14 x 45.05 in
- Manufacturer: Dyna-Glo
- Warranty: 1 year limited
- Very easy to assemble saving you a lot of time
- This grill is both sturdy and durable
- The grates are easy to clean and maintain
- Heat distribution isn't as even as you might like
- Tends to rust if left unattended in rain or cleaned after use
- The tents aren't covered under the warranty
When you are looking for a simple gas grill that doesn’t have tons of bells and whistles, the Cuisinart CGG-7400 Full Size Gas Grill, Four-Burner is the one you want. The cooking space is ideal for larger families or cooking in batches, plus the warming grate is ideal for keeping food warm and toasting buns. You will love how simple this grill is to clean and how convenient it is to cook on.
The stainless steel design is simple and durable, allowing for years of cooking. You will enjoy the fact that cleaning this grill is made simple as the grate is made of cast iron and removes easily. The only real drawback you may have with this grill is that it tends to run really hot on high and the middle is hotter than the sides are.
Overall, for a no-fanfare grill that gets the job done and does it well, the Cuisinart CGG-7400 Full Size Gas Grill, Four-Burner is a great choice. From a simple assembly to an easy start, you will love the simple and clean look of this grill and how easy it is to use.
- Comes with four burners that provide optimal cooking space
- The cooking grates are heavy duty and made of cast iron
- The lid and the control panels are made of durable stainless steel
- Cooking Surface Size: 610 square inches
- Dimensions: 54 x 22.5 x 46.5 in
- Manufacturer: Cuisinart
- Warranty: 3 years
- Sturdy and easy to clean
- The side tables fold down and provide additional space for working
- Easy to assemble
- Heat tends to run hotter in the center
- The high heat setting can be too high
When it comes to finding a grill that will get the job done, and in style, the Char-Broil 463370719 Performance TRU-Infrared 3-Burner Cart Style Gas Grill, Stainless Steel is the one you want. This grill is both aesthetically appealing and convenient to use. From the easy-to-start ignition to the even cooking temperatures throughout, you will appreciate how simple this grill is to use. The infrared technology can make it a bit harder to clean, but that’s a minor inconvenience.
The side burner on this grill is ideal for cooking sides while you grill and is just as easy to clean as the rest of the grill. The design is sturdy and durable so that you don’t need to worry about this grill falling apart. The temperature dispersion is even, and the cooking surface is large enough for decent-sized cookouts.
Overall, the Char-Broil 463370719 Performance TRU-Infrared 3-Burner Cart Style Gas Grill, Stainless Steel is a great gas grill to own. It can be a bit difficult to assemble, but you can get grilling quickly enough. You will love how the cast iron grates provide just the right grill marks on any food and how durable they are. The only drawback is when you have the infrared active, it can be difficult to clean.
- Comes with Tru-infrared technology that makes for ideal cooking conditions
- The full stainless steel design is both durable and aesthetically appealing
- The grates are porcelain coated and rust resistant for clean and successful cooking
- Cooking Surface Size: 450 square inches
- Dimensions: 54.1 x 23.4 x 45.5 in
- Manufacturer: Char-Broil
- Warranty: 10 years
- Igniting this grill is easy and quick
- Cleaning is simple and hassle free
- The heat distributes evenly and provides optimal cooking temperatures
- A bit of a hassle to assemble
- Grease drippings don't drop through easily and can lead to flare ups
A good place to start when you're shopping for a gas grill is to look at the options available, what you can expect from the various price ranges, and what might best fit your needs as well as your space.
What are the types of gas grills?
Most gas grills are classified by their size. Therefore, when you are determining the type you are looking for, you will be looking for the right size.
These gas grills are easy to take places with you. If you want to go to a tailgate party or out camping, this is the type of grill you want.
The small-sized gas grills tend to hold up to 18 regular sized burgers. They are neither large nor too small. However, if you are looking for backyard grilling bashes, this probably isn’t the right choice.
A medium-sized gas grill will hold up to 28 burgers and are ideal for small gatherings or larger families.
These grills hold more than 28 burgers. The cooking space tends to be larger and allows you to cook for larger crowds.
What to look for in a gas grill?
There are many parts to gas grills. Some of the grills come with more parts and features than others. However, there are a few things you should seriously consider when looking to purchase a gas grill. Have a look.
- You want your gas grill to have heavy-duty cooking grates. The ideal grates are either cast iron or stainless steel. The thicker the grate, the more durable it will be.
- Ignition is another thing you want to look at. An electric ignition tends to work better than a push button. However, you need to determine if you mind manually lighting your grill or not.
- Accessories that come with each grill are different. However, if you want to cook full meals outdoors, it's ideal to find one that has a side burner. You need to determine if this is something that matters to you or not.
- If you plan on cooking after dark or in the dusk, you may want LED-lit control knobs. These types of knobs make it easy to control the temperature without straining to see where they are set.
- One feature that isn’t necessary but nice to have is a gas gauge. Having this gauge allows you always to know when it is time to replace your tank.
- Propane tank storage is another that you might want to think about. Having a pull-out tray or a hideaway tank is more aesthetically appealing than one that hangs on the side. Overall, that is up to you.
What should you consider when looking to purchase a gas grill?
There are so many different types on the market that the only way to narrow it down is by considering what you are going to use your grill for. Here are a few key things to think about.
You need to determine what you are going to use your gas grill for when cooking. Are you looking for just basic burgers and hot dogs or do you want to cook full meals? What you use your grill for is going to determine what features you are going to need.
When looking at the heat range of your grill, you are going to want to check the British thermal unit per hour (BTUs) as it will tell you how much heat your grill can generate. A higher BTU doesn’t necessarily mean a better sear, but it does help you determine how hot it will get.
The type of burners your grill has is another consideration. Solid burners aren’t going to rust or break in a short period. You want to be sure that your burner is covered under warranty.
Infrared is nice to have, but not necessary. If you want a good gas grill, whether or not it has infrared is inconsequential. Infrared doesn’t cook any better or worse than standard grills do. The only downfall with an infrared grill is the additional cleaning time.
You want to find a gas grill that has a solid construction, will be easy to maintain, and doesn’t jostle easily. Check everything on the grill you are looking at purchasing. Be sure the wheels, the cart, the lid, and another component of your grill are sturdily made.
Things to avoid:
- A grill that has sharp corners or edges.
- Handles that burn your hands because they're not cool-touch.
- The heat that is so high that you feel it on your hands when you flip burgers.
- Grates that are spaced so far apart your hot dogs or other skinny foods will fall through.
- Drip trays that don’t catch grease drippings and cause flare-ups.
Best Gas Grills
Despite all the different features that you know you want and the things to look for, you may still find your choices overwhelming. For that reason, we have come up with a list of the best gas grills of 2019 to help you narrow down your choices. You will find a grill on this list that suits every size and want.