The Best Humidifiers on the Market in 2019
The TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier features a long and elegant goose neck. Just what you need to add a bit of charm to your bedroom. Please note that essential oils are not to be used with this device. It is perfect for adding a bit of humidity and reducing allergies and snoring.
Is it any wonder that experts class this versatile machine to be among the best humidifiers around, seeing that it offers a ton of features that can conveniently be controlled remotely?
What Makes This Humidifier So Unique? Besides the exceptional shape that users admire because of the long neck, the mere fact that it features a remote control makes it different from traditional brands. Another point worth mentioning is that the mist being diffused goes a lot higher and in all kinds of directions to ensure better coverage overall. The neck can be removed to ensure the area covered is minimal.
People often wonder about the safety of newborns around a humidifier like this one. After all, they have very sensitive skins that need to stay soft. We all desire added moisture from such devices that will help prevent allergies and any other discomforts we may experience from dry air.
We should not underestimate babies as they are good at adjusting to all sorts of humidity levels. Babies anywhere in the world seem to cope just fine. However, if the humidity is too high, it may result in a runny nose or lead to mold troubles that can be especially dangerous to babies. We should do our best to keep humidity levels between 50 to 70 percent to prevent mold from forming. The TaoTronics brand does an excellent job of keeping humidity levels constant.
- Full humidity control
- Ceramic filter that features inbuilt antibacterial properties
- Easy dial knob for user-friendly control
- Even distribution of vapor
- Capacity: 1.8 liters
- Coverage: 100 to 320 square feet
- Manufacturer: TaoTronics
- Warranty: 18 Months
- Brand: TaoTronics
- Operates for close to 15 hours before it requires refilling
- Ideal for babies as it does not disturb their sleep patterns
- Low maintenance and reliable – perfect for parents
- LED indicator is a bit small
Typically, you would have to pay a premium for what others consider the best humidifier that works tirelessly in covering a 400 square foot area. It turns out that the Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic model is very affordable. An added benefit is that this cool unit changes water into vapor right before your eyes without using any heat in the process.
Furthermore, you can look forward to over 50 hours of operation without bothering to add extra water during this period. No doubt, it will run out of water at some point. What happens then, will it burn out? Not at all, as it will stop in time, so there is no damage to worry about.
Part replacement should not be much of a concern either as there is no filter included. All you need to worry about is cleaning your unit now and again to prevent a buildup of fungi, mold, or bacteria. That is so easy to do with this humidifier. Or is it if you consider that some of the moving parts may be a bother in getting your cleaning sponge into the tight spaces around it?
This cool-mist humidifier lets one add essential oils without the need to change a filter — all the more reason why you should get yourself one for your living room or bedroom.
The Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic provide us with above-average humidifying power at a reasonable cost. This alone makes it an excellent choice for bedrooms that are above the average size.
- Serves as an oil diffuser with a dedicated aroma tray
- Fully adjustable mist output level
- Wide mouth water tank opening for easy filling and cleaning
- Easy grip handle and non slip base
- Capacity: 6 liters
- Coverage: 400 square feet
- Manufacturer: Everlasting Comfort
- Warranty: Hassle Free Returns
- Easy to add your favorite essential oils and experience deep relaxation
- Lasts for up to 50 hours between refills
- It comes equipped with a blue LED night light with automatic shutoff
- Condensation could drip on the floor
MADETEC designed one of the best cool mist humidifiers that also functions as an aromatherapy diffuser and a nightlight.
Your little ones will feel safer as the top nozzle of this humidifier can be rotated to release a gentle mist in their direction. Best of all, the unit can be set to work at a cloud, low, or high level to ensure the comfort of everyone concerned. The product is ideal for use in rooms with a coverage of less than 350 square feet.
The water tank holds sufficient liquid to allow the MADETEC to release enough cooling mist for 20 hours or longer. Once the tank is emptied, the humidifier will shut off automatically.
What is truly fascinating is that the unit features up to seven color choices. The remote control provided lets the user darken or lighten the blue and red colors.
If you are bent on covering smoking or pet smells, then this humidifier is ideal as it works hard at improving the quality of the air in one’s home.
Thanks to the remote function, users can switch the humidifier on or off at will from the comfort of their bed or sofa. Alternatively, they can make use of the timer function to ensure mist is released at set times.
The humidifier is compact and looks great anywhere, whether in the bedroom or kitchen.
People who made use of the MADETEC were impressed by the easy touch buttons that allowed them to set the humidifier on 3 hours or 6 hours mode.
It is the kind of product that makes an excellent gift, regardless of the occasion.
- 7 different color lights to choose from
- Remote control for ease of use while sitting on the sofa
- Also functions as aromatherapy diffuser
- New design touch screen button
- Capacity: 1 Liter
- Coverage: 360 square feet
- Manufacturer: MADETEC
- Warranty: None
- The tank holds enough water to allow the humidifier to operate for up to 20 hours
- Can be also used as a nightlight
- The mist nozzle rotates so you can easily control the direction it will go
- This product is very low to the ground so it might be more difficult for the steam to reach your baby
Homech is a very impressive humidifier as it is very quiet. You can efficiently run it for a couple of hours and immediately feel the difference. What people like about it is the smart and simple design without too much difficulty involved in getting it clean.
The manufacturers provide one with a detailed guideline that enables you to get the humidifier up and running within a few minutes. Thanks to the embedded dial, you can choose how much moisture you want. If not sure, you can always refer to the suggestions provided regarding the right levels.
It is amazing how easy it is to set up the Homech. Users report they've experienced improved health due to sufficient levels of water introduced into the air to help minimize everyday stress.
Users who had a chance to use this device for a few weeks found that it just keeps going for two nights or longer on a three-quarter tank. Whether you have it set to low or medium, you will find the super fine mist doesn’t cause any dampness issues to your nightstand.
To fill the tank is trouble-free as you simply lift it off the base before flipping it over, so you can remove the cap and add water.
Mostly, you’ll find that the condition of your hair, skin and any allergies will be so much better once you start using the Homech humidifier. You do not have to worry about sleepless nights ever again as it is super-quiet and makes for a welcome addition to your decor.
- Has a built-in handle for easy carrying
- Ultra long playtime of up to 60 hours
- The unit silently vibrates to turn the water into a soothing mist
- Waterless auto shut-off
- Capacity: 4 liters
- Coverage: 215 to 430 square feet
- Manufacturer: Homech
- Warranty: 18 months
- The ultrasonic air diffusion is ideal for your bedroom or office
- Guard against forming wrinkles, dry skin, nose bleeding and insomnia
- Lowered noise levels at 30dB to ensure peaceful work or study environment
- Large opening to allow easy refilling
- Water tank will be empty if left on high all day
The Winjoy Humidifier possesses a window that allows one to monitor the water level, which is a nice feature. There is a switch that lets you control the output or intensity of the mist.
What stands out about this vaporizer is that fact that you can rotate the nozzle to any direction according to your preference. This feature alone deserves five stars as you do not have to be overly concerned about condensation on the furniture or walls.
Many users favor the modern and stylish look as they can comfortably leave the device on their side table without the need to hide it when not in use. The only trouble is that the humidifier is not as quiet as some would like it to be. You can still hear it operating quietly in the background. However, the noise levels are not excessive either to the extent where it will bother you or the children.
The material used to design this humidifier is BPA-free, so there is no reason to fear bad or toxic smells. This factor alone makes it a healthier option for pregnant women and babies.
Many people invest in humidifiers to relieve eczema or allergies as they tend to be very efficient in such cases. Light sleepers tend to prefer humidifiers that have no filter as they do not need a fan to run. This way, you could save money on replacing parts. The only other thing you need to concern yourself over with humidifiers such as the Winjoy brand is that you must use distilled water.
- Whisper-quiet low water protection
- Wide opening design for easy cleaning
- Analog adjustable control to ensure minimum to maximum mist output
- Successfully maintains humidity levels close to 40% throughout the night
- Capacity: 5 liters
- Coverage: 550 square feet
- Manufacturer: Winjoy Company
- Warranty: 2 Years
- No filter to worry about that requires cleaning month to month
- Humidifier lasts for the whole night with maximum output
- Essential oil tray lasts two days and nights before refill needed
- Easy to read the water level
- Only available in one color
- Distilled water recommended
Dry air in your bedroom area could result in all sorts of problems, such as sinus, dry skin, and cracked lips. If you find it hard to get a good night’s rest, then the solution to the issue can take the form of a top-quality humidifier.
One of the best humidifiers available nowadays is the MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist model by Pure Enrichment. Not only will it improve the moisture levels inside your home, but it will also ensure a peaceful environment to sleep in.
This humidifier packs a punch when it comes to features, which include an automated shut-off system, a night light, and a 360-degree nozzle.
If you ever had sinus problems, suffered from headaches, chapped lips, or dry eyes when sleeping, it could all be due to dry air and a lack of moisture that would likely be an irritation for your skin and respiratory.
Naturally, it will be so much harder to fall asleep. The best way to improve dry air conditions is to make use of a humidifier to introduce moisture into the air. In this regard, the Ultrasonic version of MistAire provides tremendous value and is simple to use. It is a no brainer that someone who is looking to experience improved air quality needs a humidifier.
This product is just what you need to introduce sufficient levels of moisture into the air and continue doing so throughout the night. Best of all, it works silently and shuts off automatically once the water level is too low.
- Provides up to 16 hours of continuous operation
- 1.5 liter water tank to offer sufficient coverage for medium-sized rooms
- Optional night light for kids and adults
- The unit will automatically power down once the water level is low
- Capacity: 1.5 liters
- Coverage: 250 square feet
- Manufacturer: Pure Enrichment
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Efficient and quick at introducing moisture to the surrounding air
- Is relatively small and easily blends in with any bedroom or office
- Has a detachable power cord so it’s easy to move for cleaning purposes
- Regular cleaning required to prevent buildup
ONSON offers long-lasting relief when the kids are sleeping at night. It features a larger-sized water tank compared to other humidifiers. The mist being emitted is powerful enough to provide coverage for bigger rooms.
For extra peace, parents can reduce the noise levels to 30 decibels to ensure their kids are not disturbed at bedtime or when studying. It is perfect for use in any child’s room, especially babies that tend to wake up easily due to loud sounds that may take place every so often.
Luckily, parents can monitor the humidity levels in the baby’s room as the ONSON features a humidistat. Another valuable benefit is the three different presets that can be set from medium to high.
Then again, the automatic shut-off timer can be programmed to shut off after 12 hours to prevent the water from reaching levels that are too low and avoid excess humidity.
The tank itself is robust enough to resist stain and dust growth. This way, you can be sure the sprayer is clean and hygienic for a user-friendly environment for the sake of your baby’s health.
The ONSON is very easy to disassemble and put together, which is a good thing as one can easily clean the water container without worrying about mold formation. This unit does a great job of keeping the humidity levels intact and get rid of dust buildup.
The powered unit, coupled with the larger than usual water tank and silent operation, makes this humidifier a perfect pick for individuals who are concerned about the health of their family.
- 15 to 30 hours of continuous humidification
- Whisper quiet operation all night or day
- Moisturizes the air in any room in minutes
- Features 3 different settings and touch screen for easy use.
- Capacity: 4.5 liters
- Coverage: 376 to 480 square feet
- Manufacturer: ONSON
- Warranty: None
- Helps to reduce stuffiness while providing sure comforts for your skin
- Easy to clean or refill the water tank
- Ideally suited to any sized room as it accommodates different environments
- Does not have a remote control to operate from sofa
The iTvanila Ultrasonic Humidifier works a little bit differently in that you cannot add the water from the top of your mist outlet or even the base of the water tank. You need to add the water directly into the receptacle for it to flow to the rest of the base.
As far as adding the essential oils are concerned, you must drip some of the liquid onto a sponge. At the same time, the oil should not exceed more than a third of the silicone box. Ensure you clean the box and sponge ahead of time if you intend using different scents.
Simply place your iTvanila humidifier in a vacant space to accommodate fog dispersion. To avoid moisture from penetrating any wooden items or your carpets, keep the unit at least 3 feet away from these items.
The most notable features of the iTvanila are the three-speed fog function, the constant humidity users experience, and the handy sleep mode in cases where the screen needs to be switched off.
Some people are concerned about being warned when the water in the unit runs out. In this regard, the E1 will lit up, and users will detect a distinct beep alert. At this point, you just add more water for the humidifier to continue working.
The only complaint people have is that they have to turn the base upside down to fill the humidifier with water. But, they are okay with it as the humidifier is quite big.
- Actual room temperature is shown
- Virtually noiseless humidifier
- Features auto turn-off function
- Very lighweight and portable
- Not difficult to clean
- Capacity: 5 liters
- Coverage: 150 square feet
- Manufacturer: iTvanila
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Makes an excellent mosquito or insect repellant
- Large capacity - Features 3 mist modes
- Sensitive touch panel to effectively control the cool mist function
- Produces less than 35dB to ensure a peaceful sleep environment
- Regularly cleaning needed of water tank, atomizer, and sink
The Cadrim Cool Mist Humidifier is manufactured of top quality plastic. What is great about this particular vaporizer is the easy setup procedure. To add water and essential oils turns out to be a simple process.
The unit features two buttons where one is in place to switch on the lights and the other to turn on the diffuser. Kids love the different colors that the whale can change to as it makes for an excellent feature at night. Another plus is that they will wake up feeling less congested once the unit has been in use for a couple of days.
Everyone, including parents, loves the fact that the unit makes use of a cool water vaporizer, so there are no concerns over burnt hands. This, in itself, makes it a worthwhile investment.
Instructions provided are super clear and easy to implement. One can place the humidifier anywhere, which is very convenient. To get it to work is as easy as 1-2-3. Just add water below the line, then your preferred oil, cap the unit and switch the Cadrim humidifier on. That is all there is to it.
To change colors, you can click the button two or more times and experience a range of 15 color choices at the blink of an eye. Both the left and right buttons can be used to trigger either the light or the humidifier.
The bottom line is that this cute little whale-like unit is easy to use. Especially if you consider the long cord that can reach various outlets that are usually situated behind your furniture.
- Functions as an excellent humidifier for your lips and skin
- 14 color choices
- Tap-tap mode to turn the LED light on or off
- Suitable for children and features lovely whale design
- Capacity: 200ml
- Coverage: 150 sq. ft.
- Manufacturer: Cadrim U.S
- Warranty: 18 Months
- Ideal for use in home, yoga,massage, and office
- Creates a pleasant smell with the addition of essential oil drops
- Will not cause disturbance when studying, working, or sleeping
- Cannot notice most mist from the diffuser
- Design more appropriate for kids than addults
Cool-mist humidifiers such as the PurStream brand have a pan of water, an absorbent pad, as well as a fan. The purpose of the pad within the humidifier is to soak up the water and let the air blow over it to dispel humid air into the room.
This humidifier is excellent for moisturizing the dry air in your office or home. Also, the cold mist humidifier proves to be aesthetically pleasing and brims with cool features to make it the perfect choice for enhancing the air quality in your room.
Immediately experience the vapor coming from the top, which is your guarantee that the device is putting moisture where it belongs.
The beauty of this particular humidifier is that it is tiny enough to stand on your desk, yet big enough where you do not have to keep filling the tank every so often. Furthermore, the air is easier to breathe and of better quality. You can be sure there will be no more complaints from anyone about feeling congested.
This brand is one of the best humidifiers for use in an air conditioned room. There's little not to love about this humidifier. Not only is it seen as the perfect size, but it is also easy to use, quiet, and it features a useful night light without worrying about a filter.
The air will be clean and fresh once you made use of this humidifier. You can confidently go to work without experiencing a sore throat from dried-out air. Like some other models, it switches itself off when the water runs too low.
- Provides soothing light to ensure maximum ambiance and relaxation
- Humidifier features an optional nightlight and an auto shut off feature
- Silent thanks to noiseless technology
- Cool steam being produced does not affect the room temperature
- Capacity: 2.2 Liters
- Coverage: Standard Sized Bedroom
- Manufacturer: PurStream World's Best Steamers
- Warranty: 5 years
- The various speed settings make it easy to control the direction of the mist
- Sufficiently moisturizes the air for over 20 hours
- Provides perfect coverage for bedrooms, offices and other medium sized rooms
- Light signal indicates lack of water in humidifier
- Can prove to be difficult to clean the bottom of the tank and mildew builds up
Humidifiers are great for ensuring the moisture levels are not too high or too low to minimize all sorts of health problems. The humidity levels of your home's air quality must bring about comfortable breathing for all concerned.
The vapor produced by top-quality humidifiers will go a long way to relieve congestion and cold symptoms as well as loosen up mucus that clogs one’s chest, throat, and nose.
Modern-day humidifiers are most welcome as they produce just the right amount of warm or cool mist, depending on the model you chose.
How will you know for sure which humidifier is right for you?
There are distinct differences between the best humidifiers available nowadays., and many can address certain health issues You will come across vaporizers for sinus problems, humidifiers to relieve postnasal drip, best humidifier for cough, a large-room vaporizer, warm mist and cool mist options, and many more.
Cool mist vaporizers use a lot less energy. They might be smaller, but the tank offers sufficient capacity to last up to 14 hours and longer. Ultrasonic humidifiers are excellent in producing sufficient cool mist.
Warm mist vaporizers do not require as much maintenance as the cool mist brands as they boil water, which keeps these clean.
Another type of humidifier you will find are the evaporative units. Follow along with us as we talk about the differences between a cool mist, warm mist, and evaporative humidifier.
Cool Mist Humidifiers
These can be classed as evaporative by nature as they soak up water into a wick or filter, then utilize a fan to release the moisture. While it does not require a lot of expenditure to keep them going, you will have to replace the filters or wicks regularly. On the other hand, evaporative vaporizers can be noisy. Whereas the best ultrasonic humidifier for bedrooms is a lot quieter. However, they emit more dust if your water source is hard.
Ultrasonic Warm Mist Humidifiers
This type of humidifier emits cool mist and warm mist. Most people prefer warmer mist as they reckon it’s easier to breathe when congested.
Ultrasonic humidifiers offer lower water temperatures as opposed to germ-free warm-mist humidifiers. While it might not be the best option if you are concerned about killing germs, they are a lot safer when used around little ones. In most cases, however, they offer the same benefits as cool mist humidifiers.
Surprisingly, the ultrasonic vaporizers are quieter than the evaporative models as these pushes the mist using ultrasonic vibrations.
These come in very handy in areas where you have limited space. Do not be fooled by its size as it can efficiently run for close to 60 hours in one sitting, which is excellent for medium to large rooms.
Another fantastic feature is the clean mist technology as it reduces the need for maintenance.
What Do You Need to Consider When You’re Ready to Purchase a Humidifier?
Do your homework first before going online or to your nearest store to get yourself a humidifier. There are many different types and models to check out.
It is best to be sure as to whether you should opt for warm mist vaporizer, cold mist humidifier, one with a built-in hygrometer, or a unit that offers many options.
Also, take a look at an ultrasonic or evaporative humidifier to see if they will serve your needs better, and consider how easy it will be to clean. Do not forget your space restrictions when buying one. You may wish to humidify a smaller room for which a smaller humidifier will do just fine. If you have a larger area in need of humidifying, then get yourself one with a large tank.