How to Put On False Eyelashes
Let's be honest. Not all of us are blessed with long, thick eyelashes. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and some people would search far and wide to find ways to enhance their lashes. One idea to turn to is to apply false eyelashes.
The problem is... where do you start? Wouldn't it be just amazing if someone could take you by the hand and show you what is involved in applying false eyelashes?
Besides, it is not all wrong to fake your looks as far as eyelashes are concerned. It is your secret that you popped on a pair of lash extensions. No one has to know. As long as you have done a good job in doing so, they will never guess that your lashes are not entirely your own.
Applying false eyelashes can be tricky if you are still new to eyelash extensions. It sure will be useful to have a guide close at hand that you can follow along with.
How to apply False Eyelashes
Even though it may seem like an intricate job to put your falsies on all your efforts are well worth it.
Before you can do anything, you need to have all your items in one place, such as:
- Lash extensions or false eyelashes
- Strong lash glue
- Set of tweezers
With that out of the way, your next steps entail the following:
- Double-check that the length of your false eyelashes is a perfect match. If it is too long, be sure to trim it first.
- Be sure to hold the opposite ends firmly and curve them into a U-shape.
- Squirt one drop of your eyelash glue on the Q-tip.
- Curve your false lashes and apply the glue.
- Ensure you wait for 20 seconds so the glue can become tacky.
By curving your lash extensions, you will get them to take on the shape of your eyes. This way they will stick a lot easier and also lasts longer. For safety’s sake, test your eyelash glue by performing a patch test to ensure the formula does not result in any irritation.
Now, you are ready for the actual application process, which is as follows:
- Carefully lift your falsies from the packet using a tweezer.
- Stick your lash extensions to the center of your eyelids. Ensure the lashes are adhered to the skin and not the lashes underneath and smooth the edges.
- Double-check to ensure you placed your falsies properly by using a mirror.
- Finally, pinch your lashes between your thumb and index finger to see if you applied it correctly.
The secret to getting it right is to ensure the false eyelashes have been applied directly on top of your own lashes. This way they would blend in naturally and others won't notice that the long and beautiful lashes are not yours, but false eyelashes.
See, it is not that hard to master the application of false eyelashes and look like a beauty queen.
what else do you need to know about using False Eyelashes?
Just to be sure, we are not overlooking anything, it will be helpful to adhere to some additional guidelines such as:
- Prepare your own lashes like you would when applying mascara before you begin the lash extensions application.
- Ensure the false eyelashes you use are longer than your lashes and comprise natural hair.
- Do not sleep with your false eyelashes on.
- After you applied your lashes apply a layer of mascara and an extra eyeliner so your own lashes may blend in nicely with the falsies.
- When you apply your false eyelashes have the mirror placed flat and position your elbows firmly on both sides.
- The best way to remove your falsies before going to bed is to apply oil-free makeup remover to the Q-tip, then gently rub it to your lash line. The lash extensions will just fall off.
How to Clean your lashes and get rid of excess glue
- First, you can make use of your tweezer to get rid of extra glue.
- Second, place a drop of liquid soap in warm water and rub your lashes together, but doing so gently.
- Once cleaned, you can place your falsies in a clean container to be used later.
There you have it. One final tip is for beginners to watch a video tutorial performed by a beautician before they set out and start applying false eyelashes.