How to Get Rid of Dark Spots On Your Face
Removing dark spots can be tricky and cumbersome. Staying away from too much sun exposure and the fluorescent radiation from your computer screens, avoiding hormonal birth control, and more may work for some as preventive measures — talk to your own healthcare professional for more on that.
But what about the spots that are already on your face? Thankfully, dark spot correctors and changing your beauty regimen can help.
You can opt for using a dark spot corrector, manual exfoliation, microdermabrasion, and laser treatments, sure. But, if you want to go the natural way, this article is just for you. Read on as we just the five most effective ways to reduce the appearance of your dark spots using the goodness of Mother Nature.
Aloe Vera Gel Massage for Reducing Dark Spots
Aloe Vera has nourishing and anti-aging properties. As a result, it is great for reducing dark spots on your face or anywhere on your skin.
- Cut open the aloe vera plant. Scoop out the clear gel inside using a spoon.
- Apply the aloe vera gel directly to your dark spots and massage it in using circular motions.
- After leaving it on for about 30 minutes, rinse it with lukewarm water.
Repeat this process during the morning and evening daily until you see results.
Horseradish Paste for Reducing Dark Spots
Having a high vitamin C and mustard oil content, horseradish can help to diminish the signs of hyperpigmentation like dark spots.
- Clean the horseradish thoroughly. Grind it into a fine paste.
- Apply the paste to your face and leave it on for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water. Also, don’t forget to moisturize your face after rinsing.
Try to use this paste twice or thrice every week to see a massive improvement in your dark spots.
Lemon Juice for Reducing Dark Spots
Lemon juice out in antioxidants and flavonoids that help to brighten the skin and lighten the dark spots on the face. It’s a great source for Vitamin C as well.
- Cut half of a lemon and squeeze out the juice. Dilute it with 1 teaspoon of water.
- Get a cotton swab in the solution and directly apply it to your dark spots. Leave it be for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse with you from water.
This is quite an easy yet effective remedy that you should take care to follow on a daily basis for effective results.
Turmeric Solution for Reducing Dark Spots
From ancient times, people have used turmeric to improve their overall complexion. It contains the goodness of curcumin which is an antioxidant having anti-melanogenic effects.
- Mix 1 teaspoon turmeric powder with water. Take care to ensure that the mixture has a thick paste-like consistency and isn't too runny.
- Dip cotton steps to the mixture and apply it to your skin. Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
By using the turmeric paste daily, you’ll be able to remove your dark spots in no time.
Parsley Goodness for Reducing Dark Spots
Parsley boasts of skin lightening properties. It is actually very efficient when it comes to treat conditions such as epidermal melasma and reduce the appearance of dark spots.
- After cleaning the parsley leaves thoroughly, blend them using a blender.
- Apply the paddle mixture to your entire face taking special care to cover the dark spots. Leave it on for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
You should use this paste either daily or on alternate days.
There you go! Five effective and really simple natural remedies to help you get rid of your dark circles forever. Just remember to use it continuously for noticeable changes to your skin. Natural remedies are undoubtedly great but, if applied carelessly may take a longer time to work. Many great dark spot correctors are now available that produce some serious and lasting results.
Before you step out of the house, don't forget to apply sunscreen with a high SPF. You have to protect your face from the harmful rays of the sun. Considering oversized sunglasses for a broad-brimmed hat for this purpose. Also, if you are prone to inflammatory skin diseases such as eczema, psoriasis, or acne — try to get them treated as soon as you can to prevent the development of dark spots.
Keeping these factors in mind along with the above-mentioned remedies can surely help you bid farewell to dark spots for a long, long time.