Learn all about what tinted moisturizer can do for you
At the very moment, there are just so many topical skin care products available in the market. Lotions, cream, moisturizers, salves — it can so difficult to choose the correct product from these. We had only gotten used to BB creams and CC creams when a new product has hit us — tinted moisturizers.
But, what exactly is a tinted moisturizer, and what are its benefits? Read on as we answer all your questions about the newest fad in the beauty market.
What is a Tinted Moisturizer?
A tinted moisturizer is, as the name suggests, a moisturizer with a slight tint in it. On applying the moisturizer to the face, your skin will get a slightly polished look due to the presence of the pigment in it.
This product often contains antioxidants, humectants, and other ingredients such as titanium dioxide, iron oxide, and so on.
How is a Tinted Moisturizer Different from the Other Products?
A lot of people confuse tinted moisturizers with a BB cream and a CC cream. While it is true that they more or less serve the same purpose, but they are not the same formula wise. You see, BB creams contain ingredients that help to heal and nourish the skin in addition to giving a light coverage. Even CC cream contains healing ingredients to some extent but it provides more coverage. In the case of a tinted moisturizer, the user will get the coverage but, they lack skincare ingredients.
It should also be noted that tinted moisturizers, similar to BB creams and CC creams, have a more sheer coverage.
I would like to clear another misconception about a tinted moisturizer being similar to a foundation. Foundation has nearly 14 to 15 percent of titanium oxide in it that can make the face look flawless, hiding all the blemishes. On the other hand, tinted moisturizers help hydrate the skin and even out the complexion. And, it contains only 3 percent titanium oxide in it.
The Benefits of Using a Tinted Moisturizer
Tinted moisturizers can be perfect for people who want a light makeup face having a more even appearance. Here are the top five benefits that you can get by opting for a tinted moisturizer:
- Tinted moisturizers make your skin look healthier and younger. The pigment in tinted moisturizers is strong enough to cover any blemishes on your face. So, if that’s your mission, tinted moisturizers can be perfect for you. Due to the high levels of humectants present in the formula, it gives a nice glow to the face making it look hydrated and supple.
- Tinted moisturizers can help protect your skin from the sun. Most of the tinted moisturizers contain SPF. The biggest advantage here is the fact that you can protect your skin without drying it. In the case of a foundation, the product doesn’t provide you with any sun protection and instead leaves you feeling ashy. So with these moisturizers, you get both, a happy feeling and happy looking skin.
- Tinted moisturizers feel lightweight on the skin. If you’re a person who doesn’t like a heavy face, tinted moisturizers can be a boon for you. You get to enjoy the benefits of makeup without putting the actual makeup. Read that again. Tinted moisturizers can serve as a light base for your face after which you can either style yourself as you want. Maybe a bold lip with smoky eyeshadow or a nude pastel gloss with blush — tinted moisturizers can be very versatile!
- Tinted moisturizers can save you a lot of time. Often due to a busy schedule, we don’t really have time to blend our foundation or follow a full-blown makeup routine. But, with the help of a tinted moisturizer, you can save time – lots of time. Not only is does it quickly absorb into the skin, but it can also be applied on the go as well.
- Tinted moisturizers can help you get a natural look. Since tinted moisturizers are essentially facial creams, they are light on the face. It helps to make your skin look fresh and definitely not cakey. Another plus point of the product is the wide range of skin shades offered by beauty companies. This flexibility makes the ‘natural look’ seem even more natural.