The Best BB Cream Features
If you’ve come across cosmetic products known as BB creams, you may be wondering what these skincare items are all about. In recent years, BB creams have risen in popularity as more and more people have begun to learn about their many benefits. These products come in many different forms and offer varying benefits. If you’re starting to wonder what makes this skincare fad so popular, these tips can help you understand what the product does and guide you towards finding the best BB cream for your skin.
What is BB Cream?
Before you start looking for a product, you need to know exactly what BB cream does for your skin. This cream is slightly lighter than foundation but heavier than tinted moisturizer. It is primarily used to even out your skin tone and add coverage, although there are many variations of the cream that have different functions. Some BB creams have built-in SPF to protect your skin from sun damage, while others are rich in antioxidants, which help to repair your skin and eliminate existing signs of damage.
The level of coverage that you get from your BB cream depends on the type of product you buy. You can choose from light, medium, and full coverage when you look for the right cream for your skin. The type of complexion you have will determine the level of coverage that you need. In addition, many creams contain certain ingredients that have specific functions. For example, BB creams that contain moisturizing elements are ideal for dry skin types, while products that brighten your skin can be used to eliminate dullness.
With so many different types of cream available, it can be difficult to decide which one is best for your skin type. However, there are certain ingredients that you should seek out and others that you should avoid when looking for a BB cream, regardless of what your skin is like.
What to Look for in BB Cream
Paying close attention to ingredients is an essential part of finding the right product. Here are some of the ingredients that you should seek out when browsing BB creams.
- SPF: Using products that have built-in SPF is extremely beneficial to your skin. For maximum effectiveness, be sure to look for BB creams that have a broad-spectrum physical sun block. If you see that the product uses at least twenty percent of zinc oxide, this typically means that it provides enough sun protection to keep your skin shielded from UV rays.
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants are packed with benefits for your skin health and overall well-being. They minimize and prevent damage caused by free radicals, which can help to repair DNA and proteins and improve many different processes that take place in the body. BB creams that contain antioxidants also provide your skin with essential nutrients, giving it a healthy boost.
- Hyaluronic acid: This ingredient, which acts as a natural moisturizer, is ideal for dry skin types. However, you don’t necessarily need to have dry skin to benefit from hyaluronic acid. The moisturizing properties of this ingredient also delay the aging process and diminish any present signs of aging on the skin.
These ingredients can benefit your skin in numerous ways. In addition to the ones listed, be sure to look for ingredients that are specifically catered to your skin type to achieve the best results.
What to Avoid When Looking for BB Cream
There are also several elements that you should avoid when you search for the right BB cream. Some harmful ingredients that are found in many creams are:
- Parabens: As demonstrated by countless studies, parabens can take a major toll on your overall health. These preservatives have been linked to an increased risk of breast cancer as well as a faster aging process. To prevent these health risks from occurring, make sure the products you choose don’t contain any parabens.
- Chemical sunscreen: When you look for BB creams that provide sun protection, be sure to confirm that they don’t contain any chemicals. Some common ingredients in sunscreen, such as oxybenzone, may cause hormone disruption and potentially lead to skin cancer. Make sure the product you buy is free of these harmful substances.
- Phthalates: These chemicals are found in many cosmetic products but can be very harmful. They have been proven to cause damage to the liver, kidney, lungs, and reproductive system. Make sure to avoid phthalates when looking for a BB cream.
If you make sure to avoid these harmful ingredients and keep an eye out for the good ones, you can find the BB cream that is perfect for your skin.